Friday, October 19, 2012

Challenge time again

Gotta play with a couple challenge...
 First off, I wanted to use the Colour Q combo.  I saw this combo as a chance to play with some alcohol inks.  If you have ever used alcohol inks, you will understand the "play" part. These are a supply that takes on it's own mind as you use them and that is what makes them so fun.  The punched edge is done with a Kreaxions 4-in-1 punch.
 I took a piece of white glossy paper and just started dropping colors and the blending liquid.  The more you use of any of these supplies makes your piece keep changing. I worked until I liked the combination. Once that was dry, I stamped the flower stamp with black ink.  I did emboss that black ink with clear embossing powder. Each of the flowers were accented with black Liquid Pearls. I love how the Liquid Pearls levels itself as it sits.
 Here is the Colour Q combo.  I love that it is shown with a fall/halloween theme to it but I wanted to think outside the box a bit. 
 For this card, I used the challenge at A Blog Named Hero.  That challenge is to be simple and clean.  My version of being simple here is to not have to color in the stamped image.  I stamped the flowers on white cardstock and I embossed that with clear embossing powder.  Now I added Glossy Accents to each of the flowers and let that dry.  I rubbed the piece with stamp pads and added some spray color with Chalkboard spray.  I added a couple stamps of the writing stamp to the background.  The black lines are a piece of paper tape from Recolletions.. Another really quick and simple accent.
I just love the way the Glossy Accents acted as a great resist to the colors that I added to the piece. 
 
 Here is the A Blog Named Hero Challenge.
And for a few photo...
 Have you even seen a baby flamingo? We hadn't and we had always wondered if they had babies in captivity when the public could see them.  We read that the flamingos at our zoo were having babies so we made it a point to get in a visit.  This mother was still sitting on the nest.  We got there as she took a few minutes to stand up and to let this little guy get some air. 
 They have mounds at one end of their exhibit with a few other birds sitting on their nests. 
 These are some older babies.  There were several of them in various sizes.  It was so cute to see them all gray and fuzzy. 
 These are some of the mothers on their nests.  The staff came into the exhibit to feed the birds and these flamingos ruffled up their feathers.  It was so pretty but we were pretty sure it was a defense mechanism as they protected their nests.  One of the mothers did stand up to expose an egg she was quite protective off.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

8 comments:

  1. Your cards are BEAUTIFUL!! I love love love love the backgrounds!!! And I loveeeeeeeee those adorable baby flamingos!! They are so CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so beautiful! Glad you were able to join us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool technique! Love the results!! thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous and very creative Linda. Your photography is just stunning. Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards!! And wow, those are stunning photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beutiful cards and I love your alcohol ink play. Cute flamingos too. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is stunning! Love how you left the flowers without color. Thank you for joining us at ABNH!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all of the florals on your cards. I've never seen a baby flamingo. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete