Friday, November 23, 2012

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

Now that Thanksgiving has come and gone, I am ready to get ready for Christmas. 
 I like making cards for all occasions but what better time to put together a few with a winter/Christmas theme to them.  First off I used the color inspiration at The Play Date Cafe along with the Tuesday Trigger piece at Moxie Fab. 
 I pulled out one of my Cricut cartridges, making this so easy.  The green branches are a border punch.
 Here is the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger. Instead of using the look of all of the frames in the Trigger for my card, I centered in on one of the pink ones.
 Here is The Play Date Cafe color combination, a perfect combo for a Christmas/Winter theme.
 Now my card for the retro sketch.  I wanted to keep it really simple.
 I used a Cricut tag for the main piece on my card, using the negative cut of the snowflake as the centerpiece.  I added a decorative button and the plaid is paper tape from Recollections.


 Here is the retro sketch.
And for a fun pic...
We have a new shopping center that is starting to take shape. When we visited this week, we all had to stop and laugh at the stop signs in the center. We are right by the ocean.  Isn't that fun??
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

9 comments:

  1. I loveeeeeeeeee your cards!! That ornament on the first one is FABULOUS!! AND LOVING that BEACH sign! VERY cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous holiday cards, Linda! I love the framed hanging ornament with the fun pink and gray combo. The embossing and snowy boughs add such a great touch. And beautiful job with the retro sketch, too. Love the negative die cut snowflake with the layered pearls and love that bit of tartan plaid thrown in.
    Gotta laugh at that stop sign! Too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I popped over here from the retrosketches blog. Your snowflake card is a wonderful combination of traditional and elegant. Great use of the negative die cut.
    Like your take on the Tuesday Trigger, too. The glitter on the branches adds just the right touch of sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards :) The first one is such an unusual holiday color combination but I love it!!

    Great sign btw! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic cards! I like the non-traditional color combination of the first card. I recognize the snowflake button on the second one. I have a bunch of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness your cards are fabulous!! I LOVE the design of your PDCC challenge card. Just so cute! Thank you for playing along with The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two fabulous cards but I really love the first one. I love non-traditional colours on Christmas cards and the embossed background and snowy leaves are perfect! Love that stop sign too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Linda! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete