Saturday, December 15, 2012

More stamping fun

Yeah, I got in some play time and what better way right now then with some Christmas cards.
 I have had this embossing folder for a while and found this to be a great time to pull it out. I used The Play Date Cafe color combination on it.
 The sentiment is from a stamp set by WOW! I embossed it with silver embossing powder.
 Here is The Play Date Cafe combo.
 Next up, I wanted to use the color combination at Colour Q.  I used the card sketch at Clean & Simple for my inspiration. I made sure to say "for my inspiration" because it might not really look like the sketch to you, but it really was my starting off place.
 When I saw this snowflake stamp set, I knew I needed it ASAP. It is from The Craft's Meow. Are the colors just yummy!!!
 Here is the Colour Q combo.
 This is the Clean & Simple sketch.
I also put together this little tag the other day. I had recently watched Tim Holtz doing some demo's at a stamp convention and I came home to try a few of the technques he showed. I picked up the Seedless Preserves Distress Stain and needed to use that. The ornament is from Hero Arts. I didn't have any branch stamps so I used the antlers to one of the little reindeer stamps! This does fit in with the Simon Stays Stamp and Show challenge.
For a couple fun photos...
 We had rain the other day (and we even have some this weekend too). This is just unusual for us so we had to go out and find some puddles. I used my Hipstamatic camera and the lens I used turned out this bizarre photo of duplicate pics of my grandson as he was running.
 
This guy loves puddles!
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

11 comments:

  1. Came here from the TPDC to take a better look at your awesome card and was so pleasantly surprised with a whole slew of other great designs and fun pix! You do great work. TFS & Happy Holidays

    Bernadet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda your creations are gorgeous once again. Love the elegance of the first, the colours of the second and the vintage feel of the tag.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog} {Doing Life 400 Follower Give Away}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, your Christmas card is so pretty. I love the white background and the matting behind it. The snowflakes are so pretty, done it different colors. Your Christmas tag has a lovely background. Love the blended colors! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous!! I am loving that heart on the first one and the snowflakes on the second one!! Your tag is AMAZING!! LOVING the colors!! And your photos are fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects! I LOVE the embossing folder--it is such a fabulous frame! Your heat embossing on the card is perfect! I love the way you scattered the snowflakes on your second card, and the inking on the tag is just beautiful! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the embossing folder and the color combination with the snowflakes! That looks like a great stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are lovely! TFS your kids' pics too! Thanks for playing with our CQC colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards, Linda, love your snowflakes! Thanks for joining us this week at the colourQ and sharing your cards, Happy Holidays! Nothing like a puddle of water to fascinate a child!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for coming by and visiting me, Linda, which brought me here. You have wonderful card inspirations in this post!!

    I am really struck by that duplicate image photo of your grandson. It's as if you captured his imaginery friend - awesome!! Nothing like the fun of playing in puddles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all your creations! The middle card has made me want to get those snowflake stamps now too :) Beautiful! Thanks for playing along in The Play Date Cafe challenge!

    ReplyDelete