Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Pretty shapes

Both of the cards I want to share today include some pretty cool shapes.

 
This first one uses a wooden doily shape from Maya Road plus I used the retro sketch for the layout of my card.
 
 
The black strips are cut from the Tweed background stamp by Hero Arts. I mentioned the other day that I could probably use this stamp somehow on every card I make, I love it so much. I did spray the wooden piece with some gold Heidi Swapp spray, a Broken China Chalkboard spray and I inked the edges with a brown stamp pad.
Here is the retro sketch.
 
  
                              
 This card uses my brand new My Favorite Things snowflake die. It cut like butter!!! I used the Dynamic Duos color combination for it although it is a pretty subtle color combo and I also used the CAS-ology challenge for a WINTER theme. We don't get snow but I can still use snowflakes on cards.
 
 
I have this wonderful, chunky glitter from Impress Rubber Stamps. I coated portions of my snowflake with Glossy Accents by Ranger and then poured on the glitter. The white dots are Liquid Pearls. The pink is a stamp pad that I rubbed over the woodgrain embossed portion.
Here is the Dynamic Duos combo.
Here is the CASology challenge.
 
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

18 comments:

  1. Awesome background on the second card. Lots of fun shapes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two very lovely cards. ;-) Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your amazing card totally caught my eye over at The Dynamic Duos blog. I love the chunky glitter and the hint on pink in the background. Fabulous! Thanks for playing at DD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That snowflake is in my cart at Simon Says Stamp. I'm thinking I'm going to have to place my order after seeing how you used it here! Great wintery card! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the texture on the second one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous cards Linda,love your take on RetroSketch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, I can see why you love that pretty snowflake die...it is gorgeous, and so is your card! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the frosted look, looks sweet enough to eat! Great Card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are WONDERFUL and such great designs. LOVE them! Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your snowflake card is beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have that snowflake die - just got it - had no idea it was soooo pretty! Love the sparkle in the centre! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the very subtle use of our very bold colours from this week's challenge, and your cards have lots of texture and interest. Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing them with us at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. your CASology card is gorgeous... i love how you only added the glitter to parts of the snowflake (i have that MFT die, too!). thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great cards. I love what you did with the wooden doily circle. So elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So fun! Love the touch of pink on the woodgrain! And that star snowflake is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful texture on this card, love the snowflake with the glitter, a super card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card...I would love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!
    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/01/52-card-pickup-22.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete