Monday, March 25, 2013

All about Roses

First off, I have a movie review I just have to share!!! We went to see The Croods! SOOOO much fun. This movie is so hilarious. We came out saying we weren't sure we had laughed this much during a movie as this one. That makes it really fun for the adults as well as the kids.

I recently received an adorable little set of stamps from Wplus9 Designs and I just knew I needed to play with it this weekend.
 First off, I wanted something super simple so I could use the cute sketch from CAS(E) this sketch.  The sentiment is from another set from the same company.
 I stamped one rose, masked that to stamp two leaves and then finished it with this neat sentiment. I cut it out with a Hero Arts die.  LOVE that chicken wire embossing folder.
 Here is the CAS(E) this sketch!
 While I had the stamps out, I played some more. I pulled out some of my Stephanie Barnard Clearsnap stamp pads, I just love the shades.  I partially embossed my red card base.
This was so easy because all I did was to repeatedly stamp the rose and the leaves. I didn't ink the rose every time, that makes for a variety of shades of the same color ink.  Another neat sentiment from the sentiment set.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

11 comments:

  1. wow these are amazing~I really love the second one, the stamping of the roses like that~awesome look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty cards, hard to choose a FAVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. More than even the stamps, I love the embossed backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful!! I loveeeeeee the flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors and the flowers! Thanks so much for sharing your cards at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards - I love the rich colours and the 'edge' that the chicken wire embossing gives the first one. Thanks for the movie review - we may go see it this weekend. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I quite like your card. Great take on the sketch. Beautiful colours and love the texture on the background. Thanks for playing along with us @ CAS(E) this Sketch challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards, Linda. Love the simplicity of the first one with the embossed background and all of the color on the second. Thank you for the movie review. We'll have to check it out during break.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards! I love the chicken wire embossing on the first one and love those sentiments!
    Thanks for you comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous cards - going to have to hunt down that embossing folder - LOVE iT!

    ReplyDelete