Sunday, November 3, 2013

Is it winter?

Well, we do not ever get snowflakes here in my city, but I sure love to use them when it comes to creating winter themed cards, so I pulled out a few for these two cards that I want to share.
 First off, I am playing with the Seize the Sketch challenge along with the CASology "Black" challenge. 
 I pulled out an adorable My Favorite Things stamp to use as my center piece.  I kind of consider this coloring method a type of "cheating" or a "less is more" look.  I keep the coloring to a minimum and mostly just outline the image with a gray Copic marker.  I also used limited bits of turquoise.  I think he turned out adorable. 
 Here is the Seize the Sketch challenge. 
 And the CASology challenge although I just found out I am too late to link to that. 
 Now for the Freshly Made sketch. 
 I just got this die cut word "Joy" from PaperTrey, Inc and I so wanted to use it.  I thought it fit the sketch nicely with snowflakes as accents.  I did coat the smaller snowflake with Distress Rock Candy although you can't really see it in the picture. 
Here is the Freshly Made sketch.
And for a few fun photos...

 Our youngest grandson picked a Minion for his Halloween costume.  He became quite the clown when I asked for some pics!!!


Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful creations and both are wonderful takes on the sketches. Love the cute photos.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet cards ... I really love the blues in the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful holiday card! I love how you used the word die! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow your card is just gorgeous!!! I'm just loving those snowflakes and your sentiment! So elegant and classy! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are gorgeous!! LOVING the snowflakes!!! And he is sooooooooooo cute as a Minion!!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are gorgeous and super cute little guy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Such beautiful work! Love the squares down the side on your first card! And that costume is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The layered snowflakes are gorgeous and I love the script "Joy" sentiment! Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful cards! Love the colouring on the first and the joy sentiment on the second! The pics made the post for me though! Love a good minion ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful cards and your grandson is adorable :) Thanks for joining us on Seize the Sketch

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards! Lovin' all the snowflakes! Thanks for joining along with Seize The Sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The first card is adorable and the second is just…elegant.

    Your grandson is hysterical. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards...love how you were inspired by Seize the sketch and adorable boy!

    ReplyDelete