Saturday, April 18, 2015

That splash of color

One of my favorite challenges is black/white with a splash of color and that is exactly what the Colour Q challenge is for this week. 

My other goal for the card I created to go along with that color challenge was a look that was very simple.  I recently received a set of flower and leaf dies from Essentials by Ellen and so I cut several leaves from the same white watercolor paper as my background piece.  The leaf dies are in two sizes.  To go along with the black/white part of the challenge, I cut one of the leaves from black paper. 
 Before I placed my leaves on my card, I used a Heidi Swapp spray and some Distress Stain to create an extremely simple splash of the turquoise.  My card was finished with a tiny sentiment stamped with black ink and a black and white enamel dot.  
 Here is the Colour Q challenge.
Plus I created my card around the Freshly Made sketch.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

7 comments:

  1. Great design! Love the little splodge of blue on the background!!
    Thank you for joining us at FMS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is really fabulous! I love the tone-on-tone die cuts and the splash of color is perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous design! Love the die-cut leaves with the colour splash behind! Thanks for playing along with the ColourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome card! I love the splash of teal behind the leaves, and the black leaf stands out beautifully! Wonderful card, and well deserving of being chosen as one of this week's Freshly Made Sketches winners!

    ReplyDelete