Thursday, June 11, 2015

Puppy Dog Friends

I found a few online challenges I wanted to play along with so here is my resulting card. 
 I thought the color combination at the Color Throwdown was pretty fun and then I found that the Happy Little Stampers were having a spray or mist challenge.  Those were combined with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge about Friends.  Where else would I turn to work with that challenge but these super cute little doggy stamps and dies from Reverse Confetti.  
 I reached for my Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Citron, it seemed just right for the color challenge.  I sprayed it on a stencil but it is pretty hard to see the resulting design since I then decided to emboss the finished background with a tiny square die from Tessler Crafts.  I added the gray color to the background and the tan color to the doggies with Distress Stains.  I also stamped the heart with a Distress Ink.  My coloring on the dogs is messy because I just tapped the color on with the tops of the dabber on the Stains.  I love how fast it is to color an image that way.  
 Here is the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge about Friends
 Here is the Happy Little Stampers Sprays or Mists challenge.
And here is the Color Throwdown challenge.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Linda :-) the little dogies are adorable and I love the messy colouring, it really looks awesome! the sprayed and embossed background is fab too :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so sweet :) love the sparkly background!! thank you for joining us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pups are so adorable!! Love the embossed and sprayed background. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute!!! Love the little pups and the background looks awesome!!! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the effect you created for the background. Those little puppies are adorable! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete