Sunday, August 2, 2015

Some wings and a sketch

Yes, another card inspired with some online challenges.
 Parts of my card are pieces that I had previously worked with and they were just waiting to be used.  Always fun.  I was playing one day with a stencil and some embossing paste so that is my background piece.  The butterfly that is a stamp by Clearly Besotted was also created during a play session and the little cut tag was sitting on my desk.  
 The background is watercolor paper that had been colored with Distress Stain.  When it was dry, I took a Memory Box stencil and added some white embossing paste. To go along with the sketch, I cut the little banner with a My Favorite Things banner die and helped it fit in with the rest of the card by adding white embossing paste with the same stencil.  The "forever" tag is cut with a Technique Tuesday die.  The die cuts several tags and this one was just waiting to be use.  I didn't take out the cut letters.  I was using so much white on my card I thought it fitted in just like it was.  To make the white even more yummy, I added pearl dots with some Liquid Pearls.  
 Here is the CAS-ology Wings challenge.
And here is the Freshly Made sketch that I followed.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

4 comments:

  1. So very beautiful Linda!
    Thanks for playing at Casology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous! Love the beautiful colors and texturing. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my such a stunning creation :) love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this card is so beautiful!! I love...love the background!!
    Thank you for joining us at FMS!!!

    ReplyDelete